May 31, 2007

Research project----writing

1. My writing skill improves by doing this research project. In fact, it was my first time to write a research paper. At the beginning, I didn’t know how to right this kind of paper. I used a few days to think my introduction and the first main idea. However, when I finally finished the first main idea, things became easier. I can write quickly. I think that’s because my writing skill was improving during the writing. Now, I can write quickly and feel more confident.
2. By writing research paper, I improve some skill. I learn how to collect information in library and database. In the past, I always go to google to collect information. Now, I can use library and database to find out academic information. It is more convenient. I also learn how to separate all the information and put them into different main ideas. It is very important because the information from different articles is mixed. Furthermore, I also improve the skill of paraphrasing. At the beginning of writing, I always confused with paraphrasing. Sometimes the sentence in the article was already very simple. So I didn’t know how to paraphrase it. I just quoted the sentence. However, When Lili read my first draft, she taught me how to paraphrase this kind of sentence. After that, paraphrasing becomes easier.
3. Of course, my research paper is not perfect. But, I already tried my best to write it. I think in my paper, I should point out that my research paper based on US. I didn’t notice that. Moreover, I gave a lot of general information and also background. Although it was not the most important idea in my paper, if I didn’t write that information, maybe other people would confuse with some main arguments. Generally, I think my research is OK.

No comments: