May 16, 2007

lecture

Last Tuesday, I went to a public lecture. The lecture talked about palliative care. Actually, it was my first time to go to an English public lecture. I really enjoyed the whole process. From this lecture, I gain some information about palliative care. Moreover, the most important thing is that I learn how to do a good presentation. First of all, eye connect is very important. Comparing the 3 speakers in the lecture, when the first speaker was reading her notes, I realized that she was not prepared very well. However, when Dr. Borasio was presenting his lecture, I could feel that he was confident and prepared very well. The second factor I learned from this lecture is that explaining take a very important role during a presentation. During the lecture, Dr. Borasio didn’t explain more about the disease. Therefore, it was very hard for me to understand certain parts. Generally, it was really a good experience for me. In the future, I hope I can do my presentation very well.

No comments: